FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(New York, May 7, 2020) — Publishing Technology Partners (PTP) is pleased to announce that it has recruited longtime colleague Steve Sieck of SKS Advisors to join the partnership. Sieck comes to PTP with a distinguished background in strategy consulting and market research including leadership roles at Electronic Publishing Services, Ltd., PwC, and iXL (now Publicis Sapient).
“I’ve known and worked with Steve for many years and am thrilled that he’s able to join us,” said PTP founding partner Bill Rosenblatt. “Steve has brought his deep background and methodological skills to many major clients in the publishing and information industries. He’ll enable us to offer more comprehensive strategy, new product development, and market analysis capabilities while maintaining our expertise in technology-related issues for publishers.”
“We wanted to maintain a broad set of expertise by bringing in someone whose skill set both overlaps and complements ours, and with whom the chemistry is right,” said PTP founding partner Bill Kasdorf. “It was obvious when we first approached him: Steve was the perfect choice.”
“I’m excited to be joining this stellar group of publishing industry experts, bringing my strategic development focus to the team’s impressive depth of process, technology and organizational strategy capabilities,” said Steve Sieck. “As the industry enters a new period of accelerated change, I’m confident that our ability to offer a full range of strategic and implementation guidance will help ensure our clients’ successes in meeting the challenges and opportunities that await us all.”
Publishing Technology Partners also announced that after two years as a founding member, Bill Trippe has accepted a position as Senior Product Manager, Academic Markets at IEEE. Trippe will remain as an Advisor to PTP.
Publishing Technology Partners provides expertise for publishers in areas such as:
- Content and Workflow: editorial, production, content management, content structure and semantics, metadata, identifiers, rights management, and copyright;
- Management and Operations: digital strategy, ecommerce, organizational alignment, acquisitions and strategic partnerships, and accessibility;
- Technology: IT and software development management, vendor evaluation and selection, emerging technologies, solution architecture, and standards.
- Strategic Development: strategic planning, market assessment, industry and competitive analysis, new product development, and go-to-market strategy.
Publishing Technology Partners’ clients include publishers of all types as well as publishing technology vendors, service providers, libraries, government agencies, and standards bodies. We also provide investors assistance with due diligence for investments, mergers, and acquisitions related to the publishing market; and we serve as industry experts in litigations.
The members of Publishing Technology Partners are:
- Bill Kasdorf is an expert in accessibility, XML/HTML/EPUB modeling, information infrastructure, editorial and production workflows, and standards alignment to future proof content and systems.
- Thad McIlroy is an expert in the technology and marketing issues surrounding electronic publishing, with a focus on metadata and ecommerce.
- Bill Rosenblatt is a globally recognized authority on technologies, business strategy, and intellectual property issues related to content in the digital age, who has contributed to standards related to content identification, metadata, and rights.
- Steve Sieck is an accomplished strategy consulting and market research professional with a strong specialty in business, professional, and academic markets for publishing and information services.
The members each have over 25 years’ experience as industry executives, consultants, and entrepreneurs. They have served on global standards committees and industry associations including BISG, IDPF, W3C, IPTC, SSIA, SSP, ACM, WIPO Accessible Books Consortium, and Copyright Society of the USA. The members have written, edited, or contributed to books including The Columbia Guide to Digital Publishing, The Metadata Handbook, Mobile Strategies for Digital Publishing, Stripping Covers off The Hunger Games, Electronic Publishing Strategies, and Digital Rights Management: Business and Technology; and they have chaired and spoken at industry events around the world.
The members of Publishing Technology Partners have worked with many clients, including AAP, AAAS, Adobe, AIP Publishing, American Bar Association, American Chemical Society, Annals of Internal Medicine, Associated Press, Association for Computing Machinery, ASTM, Baker & Taylor, Brother, Cambridge University Press, Cengage Learning, Consumers Union, CrossRef, EBSCO, EU Publications Office, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, HP, IDG Communications, IBM, IEEE, Kaplan, LexisNexis, McGraw-Hill Education, Mass. Medical Society, OCLC, ORCID, Pearson, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, ProQuest, Quark, Random House, Readers Digest, Reed Elsevier, Rodale, SAE International, SAI Global, Sony, Taylor & Francis, The World Bank, Wiley, and Wolters Kluwer.
Publishing Technology Partners is available for inquiries at email@example.com, on Twitter at @PubTechPartners, and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/publishing-technology-partners/. Further information, including member biographies and example engagements, is available at pubtechpartners.com.